About

Our family...

Our goals...

Our calling...

Since the Lord began to work in my heart (and Christi's heart) about mission work in PNG, the Lord has directed our steps to work in the bush of the Gulf Province. The Kamea people group are known as the Grass Skirt People and total about 30,000 persons.

Missionary Matt Allen is working with these people right now with his wife and family. Only 25% of the Kameans speak both Pidgin (the Trade Language in PNG) and their native language (Kamea). The other 75% only communicate in Kamea.

This language is not written and the only way to relate to them is through a translator or speaking to them in Kamea. With the Lords help, we would like to be instrumental in describing this language phonetically along side of several other missionaries (Mr. and Mrs. John Allen, Matt's parents, and two other ladies who have a desire to do the same).

As we learn this new language (as a child does), it is our goal, through this avenue, to clearly convey the Gospel into their language. One of the most common hindrances to this goal is syncrotism. Syncrotism is mixing paganism with other religious doctrine (including Christianity).

This only adds more confusion to the person who is already enslaved to a life outside the law of God. Only true conversion of repentance to God and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ can set a captive free! Please pray for us as Christi and I venture into new territory for His Glory.

The country of Papua New Guinea…

The religions of Papua New Guinea...

 


Home | About | Prayer Letter | Pictures | Blog | Contact | Links
Copyright © Mark Helzerman. All rights reserved. Designed by
calvarypublishing.org